Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Mobile unable to retrieve documents

Lisa_Jacobson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

From my understanding for the API server to work with mobile, it must be located out in the DMZ, correct? If so, what are my options for giving it access to the disk groups? I've tried to give the local admin account access to the disk groups folders. I've also tried running the API app pool under a domain account. Neither of these options worked. I am currently getting the below errors in the DC:

FindInIdFile error: Error accessing file \\10.102.98.4\onbase\DiskGroup2\SYSTEM\OnBase.ID
[Errno:2] No such file or directory
Error accessing file \\10.102.98.4\onbase\DiskGroup2\SYSTEM\
[Errno:2] No such file or directory

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lisa Jacobson ,

You are correct that the OnBase Mobile app running a Foundation version does require access to the ApiServer.  Further in order to access files associated with Documents, the ApiServer would need access to the Disk Groups, wherever they reside.  In general, as along as the Application Pool Identity account running the ApiServer has permissions to the Disk Groups, then you should be fine.  

Process Monitor might be helpful in troubleshooting this issue whereas you can see the process and the account which are trying to access the Disk Groups and adjust your permissions/network accordingly.

If the ApiServer is in the DMZ, it is very possible that the ports needed to access the internal servers hosting your Disk Groups are blocked and therefore not accessible.  

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lisa Jacobson ,

You are correct that the OnBase Mobile app running a Foundation version does require access to the ApiServer.  Further in order to access files associated with Documents, the ApiServer would need access to the Disk Groups, wherever they reside.  In general, as along as the Application Pool Identity account running the ApiServer has permissions to the Disk Groups, then you should be fine.  

Process Monitor might be helpful in troubleshooting this issue whereas you can see the process and the account which are trying to access the Disk Groups and adjust your permissions/network accordingly.

If the ApiServer is in the DMZ, it is very possible that the ports needed to access the internal servers hosting your Disk Groups are blocked and therefore not accessible.  

Best wishes.

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This may not work in your environment, but we have our web/mobile/IdP and any other external facing pieces in the DMZ. They are only allowed to connect to the internal appserver/apiserver etc. over HTTPS to the internal resources. The only exception there is DB access from IdP to the internal DB for IdP operational DB only.

So, DMZ mobile talks to internal AppServer/ApiServer (HTTPS) which in turn has access to the internal disk groups on a dedicated file server. DMZ resources do not have direct access to disk groups.

Just food for thought on one possible configuration which will probably make your security folks happy 😉

Thanks Tia! 🙂

Lisa_Jacobson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks Adam! I will use process monitor and see what I can find out.