cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Configuration Structure

Ryan_Wilson2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This weekend I configured OnBase for one of our departments at work. I created a User Group and assigned the people of this department to the User Group. As I went in to add Document Types / Document Type Groups to the User Group, it seemed as if I had to re-create existing Document Types / Document Type Groups for the User Group. Is there no way to use existing Document Types/ Document Type Groups in a new User Group? Is the structure like this User Group -> Document Type Groups -> Document Type where Document Type Groups are specific to a User Group and then Document Types are specific  to the aforementioned Document Type Group? If this is the case, I am concerned for when a user belongs to more than one User Group as they could then have duplicate Document Type Groups / Document Types but which belong to different User Groups. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I may not be expressing my initial concerns well so if anyone has any questions, please ask.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Ryan,

If I am understanding your question correctly, the answer is no, Document Types (and groups) are not specific to a User Group. So one document type (or group) can be assigned to as little or many user groups as you'd like. One suggestion I'd have is ensure you're logging in with an administrator level account (a user in the Manager group) to ensure you can see all the document types.

Hope this helps!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Ryan,

If I am understanding your question correctly, the answer is no, Document Types (and groups) are not specific to a User Group. So one document type (or group) can be assigned to as little or many user groups as you'd like. One suggestion I'd have is ensure you're logging in with an administrator level account (a user in the Manager group) to ensure you can see all the document types.

Hope this helps!

Justin,

Thanks for the clarification. I think I got confused in the way I was using the config tool, I needed to go under each document type / document type group and add the new user group to those not the other way around. In any case, thanks again for your response.