cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onbase API - Access Document from User Opened Windows

Shane_Musser
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there a way to get a list of documents the user currently has open in Onbase using the .NET API? My use case is the end user uses my application to pull data from the keywords of a document (I'm migrating it from our previous ECM to Onbase) and then it enters that data into a 3rd party system. I can't find anything in the API that seems to do this and I don't think I saw anything in the training for this. 

Currently, the only way I can think to do this is to use the Win32 api to pull a list of open windows for Onbase and then use the window titles to make queries. I was hoping for a more direct approach, if possible. Any assistance is appreciated, thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Shane Musser,

You may have already seen this, but here is the OnBase API SDK guide.  Here you may be able to find a way to get a list of documents the user currently has open in Onbase using the .NET API.

If you do not get any other responses here, you can reach out to OnBase API Support. 

To receive direct support from the Hyland API Support team, you or a member of your organization needs to have completed the OnBase API Certification Course (OCAPI). This requirement is in place to ensure that code troubleshooting be done with a person that is familiar with the OnBase APIs. 

If you do not have anyone in your organization that is API Certified, then you can reach out for a Services engagement through your account manager. 

Thanks!

~Alan

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Shane Musser,

You may have already seen this, but here is the OnBase API SDK guide.  Here you may be able to find a way to get a list of documents the user currently has open in Onbase using the .NET API.

If you do not get any other responses here, you can reach out to OnBase API Support. 

To receive direct support from the Hyland API Support team, you or a member of your organization needs to have completed the OnBase API Certification Course (OCAPI). This requirement is in place to ensure that code troubleshooting be done with a person that is familiar with the OnBase APIs. 

If you do not have anyone in your organization that is API Certified, then you can reach out for a Services engagement through your account manager. 

Thanks!

~Alan

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi @Shane Musser ,

The OnBase APIs do not have that type of functionality.  It is not possible to get documents that are currently open by another user.  Your idea of using the Win32 API to read the window titles may work as long at the client being used is the same and the window titles do not change.

Viewing documents can be done through different modules such as the Workflow interface, the Client main interface, Scanning, etc...  There may need to be some upfront design work to ensure that all possible viewers and titles are accounted for.

Thank you.

-Daniel

celsocastillo
Employee
Employee

Hello Shane

This is not an answer to your post, but maybe you want to contact your Account Manager and review if Hyland RPA will be your answer(Hyland RPA)

Thanks