cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onbase and large audio and video files

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Does anyone have any experience with how OnBase handles really large audio or video files?  We have some clients thinking about meeting minutes that could be 2-2.5 hrs of audio and other clients thinking about video over the same time frame (basically a full length movie).  I'm sure we are talking about 5-10GB or more for 1 file.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Just to get current, does this limitation still apply in v15 as of today?

View answer in original post

29 REPLIES 29

David_Hankes
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Tom:

We have been putting in our meeting minutes, with a meeting range of 1-3 hours in the form of MP3.  We make sure that the sound quality settings are for mono, bitrate 16kbps, and the sampling rate is 11kHz.  This gives us MP3 files with a size range for a ~2-2.5hr meeting of 12-18Mb.

Regards.

David

Evan_Bryant
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Tom:

Something else to keep in mind is that the filesize column (which will store the information of the size of the video) is of the data type int. in a SQL 32-bit database. The int data type has a maximum of exactly 2 GB (2,147,483,647, in bytes) and attempting to upload any file over 2GB into OnBase will produce an Arithmetic overflow ODBC error.

One possible workaround may be to split long video files into files less than 2GB and labeling them part 1, part 2, etc. There are various programs which can quickly and easily split video flies.

Evan

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Evan,

So even though we are on 64 bit servers and DB's (2008 R2), we need to worry about 32 bit limitations?  Would you please expound on this a bit more?

Regards,

Tom

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

my bad - what I asked doesn't matter it's the fact that the filesize field in the DB is defined as an int.  Is this changed anywhere to be a bigint - possibly v13 sp2 or v 14.  If not, could we have you all run an alter on the table(s) in question to make this a bigint or would that cause issues down the line somewhere?  I notice that the filesize field only occurs in 3 tables: vrfile, itemdatapage and smitemdatapage...

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.