cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase 14: Is there a way to report for the OnBase database by disk group or applications? Purpose: Charge back total database’s disk space usage cost, including all copies and backups.

Ken_Wenzinger
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

OnBase 14: Is there a way to report disk space usage for the OnBase database by disk group or applications? Purpose: Charge back total database’s disk space usage cost, including all copies and backups.

2 REPLIES 2

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

This won't completely answer your question, but I have a query that produces the following columns:

• Document Type Group
  • Document Type
  • Document Count
  • Total Bytes
  • Average Document Bytes

Where the Document Count, Total Bytes and Average Document Bytes are all broken down by their Document Types.

If breaking down by Document Type is sufficient, this should get you the data you need to calculate disk usage.  It doesn't look at copies, but I think you could just multiply each document type's amount by the number of copies for the disk group that the document type is associated with (assuming you're not putting the same document type onto more than one disk group).

EDIT:  Let me add also that this query looks at the data in hsi.itemdatapage which I've read before is not 100% accurate (but I don't know what kind of deviation there is). It'd be possible but much slower to look at the actual file utilization on the disk(s).

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

It also depends on how you manage and store your images.  For example: all my doc types get their own disk group and each disk group will live under it's own department folder on the back end.  So, I have an overall images directory, then under that top level folder I have Human Resources, Transportation, etc... Then under those folders i have the doc types that go with each department.  This means besides using the onbase database I can just use the standard file system to see how much space each department is using or even sub departments.