Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Admin Keyword Maintenance

Allen_May
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Sorry if this is a NOOB questions:

I want to allow a manager to update a keyword list of items without giving them admin access.

That keyword list would be used on an EForm for submiting work updates.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks,

-Allen

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda_Hrudka
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Allen,

Thank you for posting on the Communities!

Where is the "keyword list of items" that you are referring to?

Do they simply need to have access to modify keywords on a particular document type?

Under the assumption that you want to give manager access to update keywords on a particular document type  you can accomplish this by giving the User Group document type override permissions to Re-index and Modify Keywords within Configuration--> User--> User Groups/Rights--> Select the User Group--> Document Types--> Override Privileges--> Select the Document Type--> Add--> Settings:

This will allow this group to only have these rights on the required document type.

If I was incorrect in the assumption of what you are requesting please let me know.

Thank you,

-Amanda

Allen_May
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

What I need is to allow the manager to modify the presented dataset list of the keywords that would be selected when someone creates (fill's out) a new eForm.

Is there a way to do that outside the thick client or configure tool? It would be ideal to allow tha manager access to do this via the web client.

Thanks,

-Allen

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

There's not a direct way to do it. But here is how I would do it.

Create a separate e-form with many fields for the manager to fill out. Those fields would map to a separate keyword type, and there would be as many blanks as you need. So basically there will be an e-form in the system with a bunch of keyword values. Then on the keyword with the dataset, set it as an external dataset and query for the keyword values from the other e-form.

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There is actually a pretty easy way of handling this.  You use a combination of an Autofill Keyword Sets and an Externa data set.  Create an autofill that has the keyword you want on it and then you reference that table in the SQL query when you setup the Extrernal data set.  You can grant access to a which ever group you want to to be able to access the Autofill Keyword Set and give that group the Administrative right "Autofill Keyword Set Mgmt".  This allows them to the add/delete records in the autofill keyword set.