Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/Database Monitoring Software

Mike_Kroner1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings,

We recently have been running into an issue on Thursday mornings with the one network card connected back to the SAN having high usage (85%-99%). Once the network card hits the 80% usage OnBase becomes unresponsive to the point where we have to reoot the server.  I reviewed the onbase processes and nothing is running at that time out of the ordinary.  My question for you is which tools would you use in troubleshooting the high network card utilization?  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

This is occurring on our OnBase Database server 2008 R2, Nimble SAN, VM Server, OnBase 11.0

Solarwinds Database Monitoring ???

WireShark??

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Michael,

Since this post is a few months old, I'm hoping you were able to figure out the problem. I believe we may have actually spoken about some of your database performance issues last month although I don't recall if that was specific to the network card issue.

In any case, I'd recommend starting by looking at SQL Server's Wait Stats when the network utilization is high. If this is an iSCSI connection to the SAN - it could be something network related or it could be something load related or it could be something disk related. The Wait Stats will tell you what SQL Server is actually waiting on. 

Ansley

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Michael,

Since this post is a few months old, I'm hoping you were able to figure out the problem. I believe we may have actually spoken about some of your database performance issues last month although I don't recall if that was specific to the network card issue.

In any case, I'd recommend starting by looking at SQL Server's Wait Stats when the network utilization is high. If this is an iSCSI connection to the SAN - it could be something network related or it could be something load related or it could be something disk related. The Wait Stats will tell you what SQL Server is actually waiting on. 

Ansley