cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS Success Stories

Hi everyone, 

I am asking on behalf of a customer. What specific NAS solutions are customers using? Why did you choose that solution over others? Specifically, is anyone using Microsoft Storage Spaces?

2 REPLIES 2

David_Hankes
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Jasin:

When we first started out with Hyland in '03 we had NetApp storage. We chose this solution at the time because of there name in the industry.   This solution housed all of our network drives, home directories, etc.  Most recently, in the past three years, we have moved over to EMC storage devices.  Reason: we moved to a complete virtual server environment and had out grown our previous NAS needs. Therefore in the end, we migrated all of our data from the NetApp devices to the new EMC.  Even though we are MS shop, I am not familiar with the MSS solution that you are specifically inquiring about.

David

Shannon_Burge1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We were using an Iomega StorCenter NAS.  Orginally 1TB, I upgraded the drives to accomodate 4TB in RAID 1, but found to out grow this solution due to write speeds.  I just installed an 8TB Synology DiskStation NAS in RAID 10  to replace the Iomega.  I did a lot of research on NAS's before choosing this solution.  In the end, what sold me was the read/write speeds and reviews.  Only time will tell if my choice proved worthy.  

I have converted the Iomeda to an archive NAS for older volumes that are not accessed as often.  

I would love to hear from anyone using a successful cloud solution for platter management.