Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi language suppor

Paul_Flynn1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, 

I have a potential customer who would like to know if unicode is supported?  

They are an  English based company  and have documents they would like to store in the system that have come from China for example and they would like to do a copy and paste of  of the Chinese company name and index a keyword called company name using this character set.

I have done a quick test on the V13 9seconds food demo and i can import a document and  index  keyword  a field  using the following characters  (Japanese in this case) 

お酒と健康にしじみの濃いエキス「しじみ習慣」⇒無料サンプル

I can retrieve  the document  using the keyword value of 

お酒と健康にしじみの濃いエキス「しじみ習慣」⇒無料サンプル  

However the  autoname strings displays all ????????.

Is there a way I can get OnBase using the unity client to display the characters as expected?

Many thanks

Paul

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

Paul,

At the moment, you are unable to store keyword values in English, Chinese, and Japanese. However, with the proper collation, you are able to store either Chinese and English keyword values (using a Chinese collation), or Japanese and English values (using a Japanese collation).

Also, your system locale needs to be set to Japanese. This setting can be found under Regions and Languages in Control Panel. The system locale is the setting for non-Unicode programs found under the Administrative tab.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Alexandra

Enrico_Stengert
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul,

Long time, no hear. I hope everything is going well with you.  

Alexandra pretty much wrapped everything up already for you and the initial issue is really how we store OnBase values in the database. OnBase very much still depends on database collation AND the code page used on your workstation. OnBase databases do not support Unicode, yet. However, stay tuned for future updates as we are working very hard to get this going. Wink

Have a great day,

Rico   

Paul_Flynn1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Enrico,Alexandra,

Yes Enrico I am very well thanks hope you are too.

Thanks for your replies and   quick feedback much appreciated.

Paul

Paul_Flynn1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Enrico,Alexandra,

I have some further information.  The customer would want to store keywords in Hebrew,Chinese,Japanese e.t.c so the Japanese or Chinese collation would not work for us.

Have Hyland come across this before?  and do  you any workarounds?  I know that V14 will address these issues, but the customer is hoping for something a lot sooner than next year.

Any ideas suggestions are very much appreciated .

Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I think it really depends on your solution. For the languages you have mentioned you will need separate databases for each until we are able to provide Unicode support. You can use for example, Document Transfer to transfer documents between systems but keep in mind that you wouldn't be able to carry over alphanumeric keywords due to the fact that the character sets wouldn't be recognized from one collation to another.

I'd be happy to discuss this further with you if you'd like.

Thank you,

Alexandra Coman

Alexandra.coman@hyland.com

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.