Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Database

Robert_Fraser1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello:

We are looking to move the OnBase database to another server.

From Oracle Server 10g to Oracle Server 12c. We are using OnBase 11.

We would like to use expdp/impdp.

Our plan is to

1. Use expdp to export HSI, HSICORE, and HSINET to files.

2. Use impdp to import into new database.

3. run ReCreateDbuser Script

4. Change OBDC connection information on onbase server?

Is there a document that describes this process?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Bob,

It's been a while since you asked this question so I'm sure you've probably moved past it at this point. However, if anyone else has the same question in the future, I wanted to respond. 

We do not have documented steps for moving a database from one server or platform version to another. Aside from ensuring that all of the proper logins/users are created with RecreateDBUsers and updating your ODBC source, the methods to move the database would be specific to the platform you are using. 

In this case, impdb/expdb are generally Oracle's recommendations for this type of move.

Hope that helps!

Ansley

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Bob,

As an item of note, currently Oracle 12C is not officially supported by Hyland as a database platform.

Edit: Per Jason's link to the below post, it appears this is now a supported platform in 14.0 but is still not supported in 11.0.

Thanks,

Jay_Wegener
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Bob,

Although your steps are correct, Please see Ansley's reply to the post located here: https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/databases/f/10776/p/18768/39011.aspx

Thank You for using Community!

Jason

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Bob,

It's been a while since you asked this question so I'm sure you've probably moved past it at this point. However, if anyone else has the same question in the future, I wanted to respond. 

We do not have documented steps for moving a database from one server or platform version to another. Aside from ensuring that all of the proper logins/users are created with RecreateDBUsers and updating your ODBC source, the methods to move the database would be specific to the platform you are using. 

In this case, impdb/expdb are generally Oracle's recommendations for this type of move.

Hope that helps!

Ansley