cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move data from an encrypted disk group to a non encrypted disk group

Rodney_Harris
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Running OnBase 15 - All my disk groups are encrypted. We are moving to Azure and want to decrypt all the data as we move to Azure. Can I move the data in the disk groups into a new disk group that is not encrypted? Once we have moved to Azure we plan to upgrade to OnBase 18.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Munster1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Rodney,

If you are moving to Azure as IaaS, we would suggest keeping the disk groups from your on-premise solution as encrypted to reduce complexity in your migration and implementation in the cloud. You can then choose to continue utilizing Encrypted Disk Groups in the cloud for your day-forward content, or turn off OnBase's disk group encryption as meets your requirements.

If you do however need to decrypt these files in bulk, I would suggest reaching out to your first line of support for assistance in performing this activity.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Munster1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Rodney,

If you are moving to Azure as IaaS, we would suggest keeping the disk groups from your on-premise solution as encrypted to reduce complexity in your migration and implementation in the cloud. You can then choose to continue utilizing Encrypted Disk Groups in the cloud for your day-forward content, or turn off OnBase's disk group encryption as meets your requirements.

If you do however need to decrypt these files in bulk, I would suggest reaching out to your first line of support for assistance in performing this activity.

Ryan_Leafgreen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

According to my first line support, and also in the Platter management mrg, everything says once encrypted, you can not un-encrypt disk groups. Is there a new tool I don't know about?