cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified Unity script availability

Mark_Rogers4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am finally starting to get my feet wet with Unity scripting so this is a newbee question.

I created a simple script to write some keyword values to the Diagnostics Console and it's fine.  I made a slight change to the code, did a build and save and publish with the "Set the new project version as active?" box checked, but when I test it, the older version is still being used.  How do I get the new code to execute?  Is it being cached on the app server?  If so, how do I clear it?

8 REPLIES 8

As luck would have it, I was just able to confirm this.

Robert_Angus
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What we usually do when there are multiple people using the appserver at a given time is just use the Workflow Timer Service and assign your script to an adhoc with no real timer attached to it. Then, in the timer service monitor, just run your timer manually and reset the service locally on each publish. It's not ideal, but it works well enough.

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

[quote user="mer"]It would be nice if I could somehow choose an app server and use that one to publish and initially test.

What I do, and would help you in this case, is set up a secondary "copy" of the APPNET and APPSERVER virtual applications called AppNet-Admin and AppServer-Admin (making the appropriate config file changes).  Then point the Config APP to this location by using the  -APPSRV_URL="http://{server}/appnet-admin" command line switch.

Alternately, or expansively, you could create a set of new Virtuals for each of your Admins, or each of your BU's.  Resets of the app pools would be very limiting to what they effect.

Cheers,
Seth

Jonathan_Perreg
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

The version of OnBase you are using makes a big difference. I too noticed that my Unity script changes (and Configuration Items) did not take effect unless I recycled the AppServer's pool. This was painful because it would disconnect my Unity Script editor and I'd have to relaunch Configuration and start over each time I tweaked something.

Thankfully, when I upgraded to 11.0 I discovered that Unity script changes take effect as soon as you publish them. I've not had to specifically reset IIS for any script changes I've made in 11.0+.