Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to another key values

Cristhian_Cruz1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good day to all,

Currently I have created a key numeric type, I want to migrate en masse, which already exists, the value of that key to another that will create alphanumeric type, you can do this in OnBase? or required by this direct procedure database?

greetings and thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Rusnak
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Crisay, 

Are you looking to migrate these values to a keyword that already exists of the alphanumeric type, or would converting the keyword you already have (which is numeric right now) to be alphanumeric resolve your issue?

Thanks!

Cristhian_Cruz1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I understand that Onbase lets not change the data type of a key, verity?
For that reason it is looking to migrate this key numerical values ​​to key alphanumeric

Forgive me my English but I speak Spanish.

Tanks

Andy_Rusnak
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Crisay, 

If the keyword is currently configured to be numeric and you would just like to convert it to be alphanumeric that can be done.  You are correct in that certain data type changes cannot be done, for example an alphanumeric to numeric conversion.  The reason a change like that cannot be done is that there could be letters in the current alphanumeric keywords and a numeric keyword type can only have numbers.  

However, since you are looking to go from numeric to alphanumeric, this type of conversion can happen since numeric keywords only contain numbers and alphanumeric keywords can contain both numbers and letters.

I would suggest reaching out to your first line of support to discuss how to convert this keyword from numeric to alphanumeric as there are a few complications that may require database queries to complete this conversion (for example if the keyword is part of an AutoFill or Keyword Type Group).  Your first line support will be able to provide you with the necessary procedure to convert this keyword given your specific circumstances.  

Thanks!