cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method to manage license/sessions for mishandled disconnects?

Tony_Sauer
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

For EP3, we've installed our first test-environment IDP and REST servers. We don't always disconnect gracefully, and so we accumulate a bunch of zombie sessions consuming all of our Concurrent licenses. Is there a method for an OnBase admin to manually disconnect those sessions? I know we can kill zombie sessions connected to the AppServer64 using the Diagnostics Console. I'm looking for a method to do the same for IDP and API servers.

Thanks!

{
    "Type": "urn:hyland:onbase:errors:licenses-exhaused",
    "Title": "The system is out of requested licenses or not licensed for the requested License Type.",
    "Status": 403,
    "Detail": "Please clear out existing sessions, increase your license count, or specify a valid License Type for your system.",
    "Instance": "/custom-queries"
}
1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anthony Sauer ,

When you make calls to the Document Management REST API, you'll need to disconnect your session.  There is more about this under the Disconnecting section of the  Authentication Programmers Guide ...

If you used a Concurrent Client license to connect, there is a minimum consumption of 5 minutes for the license upon disconnect.  You can use a Named Client license which will be have a bit differently since it doesn't have the 5 minute rule.  Or you can use Query Metered licenses, if available.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anthony Sauer ,

When you make calls to the Document Management REST API, you'll need to disconnect your session.  There is more about this under the Disconnecting section of the  Authentication Programmers Guide ...

If you used a Concurrent Client license to connect, there is a minimum consumption of 5 minutes for the license upon disconnect.  You can use a Named Client license which will be have a bit differently since it doesn't have the 5 minute rule.  Or you can use Query Metered licenses, if available.

Best wishes.

I know we're supposed to Disconnect. More specifically, I'm wondering how to cleanup sessions where the application calling the RESTful endpoint loses it's token/cookie and cannot disconnect gracefully. Whether the calling app is using a Concurrent or Named client, there's a risk they lose the token/cookie associated w/ a session they've started. Is there a method to manually cleanup those sessions?

Hi @Anthony Sauer , if the calling application loses its session, the ApiServer will eventually timeout the session.  Or an Application Pool recycle.

Don't quote me on it, but I believe that the session times out after 20 minutes of inactivity. (Fun fact: The first version of the REST API didn't even have a Disconnect call, since the timeout was built in anyway. That call was added quickly - maybe even by the first public release - since you will want that control when possible.)