cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load balancing the Hyland IdP and REST API servers

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I know about the load balancing white paper that outlines how to setup load balancing between Application and Web servers. However, with the new Hyland IdP and REST API servers, there isn't much documentation out there on this in regards to recommended settings at the load balancer level. I know the Hyland IdP MRG has a load balancing section, but it talks about the IdP server specifically, not the load balancer itself.

So I am hoping to get some details (and suggest that the load balancing white paper get updated) with the recommended settings at the load balancer level. (i.e. persistance, cookies, etc.)

Can someone from Hyland please help with this answer?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan.

At this time, the API Server requires a load balancer sticky session (either IP or Cookie based) to make sure that traffic is routed to the same server which granted the OnBase Core session.  This is the same configuration as the AppServer meaning all of the same load balancer methodologies apply.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan.

At this time, the API Server requires a load balancer sticky session (either IP or Cookie based) to make sure that traffic is routed to the same server which granted the OnBase Core session.  This is the same configuration as the AppServer meaning all of the same load balancer methodologies apply.

Best wishes.

Thank you Adam. If I may suggest that this be added to the load balancing documentation? It would be nice to have there. 🙂

Hey Ryan,

Thanks, I will give that other version a try!