Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balanced Application and Web Servers

Fatih_Cem_Atali
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All,

I have 2 servers for application and web.  And I installed application and web server to each node. And i could distribute all http traffic to these 2 node. So, all application server and web server request will distribute accross these 2 servers. Is this good design ?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Greg_Seaton
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Fatih,

Yes, you can use that design to distribute load across the two servers. It would also give you higher availability. If one of the servers were to go down, you would still have a Web and Application server running. The scenario you are asking about is specifically described in the Web Server MRG in the Load Balancing Across Web Servers Only: Single-Server Scenario. Keep in mind you need each server to have enough memory to handle both worker processes. The general recommendation if you are going to be installing the Web and Application Servers on the same machine is at least 8GB.

Also, if you haven't seen it already, there is a load balancing document available as well if you would like to scale the solution out at a later time. You can find that document here.

Thanks,

I've seen that mrg part and NLB documents after i post message.

We have similar requirements,

To implement Clustering for 2 Servers only each node has the three OnBase Component i.e. Web, App and Data Base.

Can this be accomplished ?

Thanks