cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limit which lifecycles a document re-enters upon Revision?

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

In doc type configuration, in the Rendition/Revision button, I'm talking about the checkbox to allow documents to re-enter workflow.

Is there a way to specify which life cycle(s) would be relevant? I have some life cycles that would be nice to skip if a revision is made to a document, but I still want them to enter other lifecycles when they enter OnBase.

Thanks,

Danielle

3 REPLIES 3

Caleb_Wederqui2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Danielle,

You could make use of a "status" keyword, that only certain queues update and that could be looked at by workflow.  This should remain through revisions/renditions depending on settings.  When a change is made and the document moves through workflow, you could have the queues check the value of the keyword.  Then depending on the keyword, you could have the document skip over other queues to the one you want it to go to.

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Caleb-

Do you mean have a keyword on those documents that is evaluated by a verification queue in each life cycle? These documents don't live in workflow for more than an hour. So, if a revision is made there's really only one life cycle I want them to return to. It would be nice to pick and choose which life cycles would care about revisions to a document.  Maybe I'm not understanding your suggestion.

Thanks,

Danielle

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There is an option in WF where you can check to see if a document has been in a particular queue, that may work for you.  Use the rule "Item has been in queue" to see if the item has already been in the queue and if false, remove it from the WF.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.