cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keywords with dependencies (keyword required if another keyword is selected)?

Jean_Severe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello,

I am attempting to create some new keywords in OnBase Configuration Manager, and I have a keyword that has a list of drop down values.

What I'm attempting to do is create a dependency that behaves as follows:

When when a user is indexing a scanned document, if a specific drop-down keyword value is selected, it makes another specific keyword value a requirement to complete indexing.

I am able to make keywords a requirement for a doc type, but I am unable to figure out how to create keyword dependencies based on another keyword value. 

Please let me know if you need more info, and thank you for any assistance you can provide. 

3 REPLIES 3

Grant_Smith
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

This would be nice, but I don't think this is possible yet. following just in case.  Are you by chance using workflow? I have some queue specific keywords, and I don't let it leave the queue unless the keyword is present.  while this doesn't solve the problem, you may be able to set up some rules.  If KW1 value = Blue, check if KW2 value = Potato... it's a work around until we have this functionality.

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Yes, this can be done. However, not in configuration. You would need to create a Unity Script that holds into the indexing step.

Tiesha_Mobley
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

If you're using a unity form, you can also do this via a custom action.