cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Usage and Creation

Greg_Garvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have a somewhat distributed OnBase development environment.  We have several OnBase developers that at any given time are working on different workflows and related projects.

Historically they have created their own keywords and doc types.

We'd like to implement some consistency in keyword creation and usage...

Regarding keywords…many will be unique to the specific application and document type they are working on….these will obviously need to be new keywords....But many may be commonly used data fields such as First Name, Last Name, Address, Municipality, State, etc….

Does anyone have any thoughts on sharing common keywords between unrelated OnBase doc types and workflows?

Is it best to create all new keywords for each project that share related doc types?

Sys Admin and system performance issues?...I have read the the best practices section in the SysAdmin MRG..

thanks for any insight... 

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Greg, one of the key determinants for us is will sharing the keyword across doctypes allow cross-referencing.

Phil_Heineman1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Data Sets for the keywords would be a consideration. If you need different drop down lists for different applications, you will need to use different keywords.

Note: I understand there are some cool context sensitive data set filtering in 13, but not having explored this yet... I default to the old ways.