cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Value Must Exist is not respecting when the Keyword Data Set is used in Unity form on EP3.

Pallab_Ray1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have a Keyword with Data set and the usage restriction is "Keyword Must Exist", the same Keyword is added to the Unity Form but EP3 is allowing to enter and Submit any value to that Keyword. The checkbox "Keyword Must Exist" is also disabled in Unity Form design mode.

Is this a bug on EP3? or have some workaround?  Version 16 has no issue.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Theresa_Yu
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

The issue reported in JIRA ticket SBPFF-50 has been resolved in version 21.1.5.1000 and higher.

Available workaround:

At Keyword Level in Config "Keyword Must Exist" under Usage Restriction must be enabled.

In Forms Designer Entity Properties

1. Change the Control Type From Select List to Text Box

2. Change Field Source from Desired Source to any other source

3. Change Control Type from Text Box to Select List

4. Change Field Source back to Desired Field Source

"Keyword Must Exist" is then enforced in the Entity's Properties

View answer in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Yuly_Delgado
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello, I have your same problem in EP3 version. I hope we will have an answer soon.

There is workaround--

In Design mode, change the Field source to something else and revert back to Actual one, The Value Must exist will automatically be checked.

@Pallab Ray 

Thanks for posting about the workaround, we are also seeing the issue in 20.3.33.1 but changing the field source does reset the option for "value must exist". 

I was able to get the work-around to work once, but have been unable to do it a second time on the same form.