cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Updater

Deborah_Hack
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What is the "Keyword Updater," how can I obtain it, and where can I get information/details about it's use?

Thanks-

Deborah

9 REPLIES 9

Justin_Molina2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Good day Deborah!

Licensing - In order to use the Keyword Update, your system must have a Keyword Update license, in addition to a valid OnBase Client license. There is no cost associated with the Keyword Update license. To obtain a license for the Keyword Update module, you must submit a business case to Technical Support indicating how and why you intend to use Keyword Update. Keyword Update processes are very database intensive and can have a significant impact on your OnBase system.

Overview - The Keyword Update module allows you to quickly update the Keyword Values in your OnBase database. There are two specific Keyword Update processes designed to meet your needs. The

Global Keyword Update process will execute on every Keyword Value in the system, while the Doc Type Keyword Update process will execute only on Keyword Values inside your selected Document Type(s). Before running either process, you must create an index file containing the Keyword Values that will be searched for, added, replaced, or deleted (this file is similar to an index file for DIP or AutoFill Keyset imports).

-KeywordUpdater1300

More info can be found here:  https://www.hyland.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/ob13mrg/13276.aspx

Nasir_Yilmaz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Deborah 

I  also have some keyword update problems 

and What is keyword updater is it extra module ? 

Thanks

Nasir_Yilmaz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Justin ;

I have updated keyword from 6 to 8 digit

but it not updated I extend keyword with from 6 to 8 but not applied 

still I can not search by 8 digit do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Nasir

Nick_McElheny1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Nasir,

If it's the Thick Client that you're trying to search, it needs restarted after the change in Configuration is made.  If it's a core-based client (Web, Unity), then you need to recycle the appropriate application pool on the app server (or recycle the cache in OnBase Config).

Keyword Updater is an extra module (a no-cost one), and it is used to update keywords themselves.  Updating the length of Alpha numeric can be done in Config without Keyword Updater.

I hope this helps.

Nick McElheny | Trover Solutions, Inc.

Lead Systems Engineer - Document Imaging