cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEK Rotate Password : Password is not accepted due to Oracle SQL Code Problem; Complex Password is accecpted But results in InValid Password (HSINET); What Constitutes a Valid DB Password for HSI, HSINET, HSICORE, and VIEWER???

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings,

I am in the throes of an upgrade of OnBase 16 to OnBase 18, along with a OnBase DB migration/upgrade to Oracle 12cR2.  There is a requirement for complex passwords to be applied to the HSI, HSINET, HSICORE, and VIEWER Database accounts.  But I have faced numerous issues with the KEK Rotate Password feature within OnBase Congif.

1) The KEK Rotate Password fails with 

alter user HSINET identified by 0NBa$E
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00922: missing or invalid option

This is not due to the password that I have chosen, but the lack of Hyland's code not encapsulating the password in DOUBLE QOUTES "0nBa$E".  I try the same statement in SQL*Plus and it works fine while the password is wrapped around double quotes.  

PLEASE PUT THROUGH AN SCR to fix the alter user command so it puts the entered password in double quotes.  You cannot put double quotes around the password on the input field because those do not seems to get stripped off for the "dll" that gets generated.  When you try and open a document via the Thick Client, it fails to open the document and throws an ORA-01032 Invalid Password.

2) I came up with a less complex password (or password that does not begin with a digit as above) which goes through without needing the double quotes, and regenerated the Config and Client executables as well as the HylandCoreGrabIcon.dll.  Those were deployed and I still receive the ORA-01032 Invalid Password.  The same (less complex) password used for HSI was also used for HSINET and HSICORE.  

Also, it would be nice to be able to execute KEK Rotate Password for generating the new executables and/or dll AND NOT needing to do the password change for the DB.  That functionallity as far as I can test does not exist.

At this point I have all but exhausted setting up a complex password for the HSINET Database account.  I have not seen any guidelines that tell me what I can use and what I cannot use for passwords - any limitations on special characters, what seems like not using a number for the first position of the password, etc.

What are the recommendations?  Is there a later release of configuration utility that may help me through what I have mentioned.  I am using OnBase 18.0.1.46.  Please advise. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

Christian_Jones
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Recommend the most recent version of OnBase and reaching out to your FLOS (first line of support) for immediate assistance.

That doesn't help.   Been there done that!!! 

Would someone who has a good deal of experience using the KEK Rotate Password lend a hand.

Thanks

Simon_Guldager
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Michael: Download the latest version of Onbase Configuration (foundation EP2). That one has a checkbox to allow executables to be generated without changing the password on the database.

You would need a Foundation EP2 environment to be able to open the OnBase Config. But to my understanding it can still accept and create executables for version 18 client/config.

Easiest way is probably to upgrade a stand-alone testing-env to FEP2 to be able to generate those executables you need.

Hi Simon,

Thank you kindly for your response and the idea.  At this point, I will try and resolve my problems using what I have in OnBase 18.  I have resolved all problems except one and I will certainly need to get my FLOS and Hyland involved.  

Mike

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.