cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with External Autofill Keyword Set

Stephen_Beck
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have an external auto fill keyword set that may--depending upon the value of the primary keyword--return multiple records from the external database.  When we test this in Config it works as expected, showing all of the records returned from the external database.  However, when we upload a doccument, enter a value for the primary keyword, and press the Tab key, the autofill only uses the first record, the Select Keyset dialogue box does not open.

Any ideas?

Steve Beck

9 REPLIES 9

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

How are you wanting it to be sorted, and what is the SQL you're currently using? Based on that I think I could give an example.

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
if you go to the w3schools link they have examples with data. Those examples are better than anything I can do off the cuff. All order by clauses work the same way, so if you can understand what they are doing on the w3schools link, you will see how this applies in onbase.for example select: keyword1, keyword2, keyword3, ..., keyword# from order by whichever keyword(s) you want to order your statement by... Regards,Tom

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve,

Here is an External AutoFill Keyword Set using SQL and an ORDER BY of one of the primary column.

Does this help?

Stephen_Beck
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Adam

It works fine when I test it in config, but it doesn't work in either the Thick or Unity Clients

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the screenshot.

From the screenshot I see that the list is sorted by the TaskNumber within Config as you mentioned.  I tested again with my External AutoFill Keyword Set and the Thick Client is respecting the ORDER BY clause.  One thing to keep in mind is that if you make changes to your SQL you will have to click SAVE and come back into the External AutoFill Keyword Set Configuration screen before testing for the changes to be applied.  Also, make sure that you relauch the client (or recycle/cache refresh on the Application Pool) for it to take affect.

If this does not work then I would recommend working with your first line of support to further troubleshoot the issue.

Take care.