Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Active Directory Enhanced and mapping groups

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello,

We're using Active Directory Enhaned and recently came across a strange problem. I manually mapped an AD group to an OnBase group, however when I evaluated the users groups, the new group didn't appear.

When I right clicked and chose to "auto-configure using matching group names", it added the AD group to the OnBase group AGAIN. So now the OnBase group shows the AD group twice and it works correctly for the user.

Anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Ryan, it was one group as I had just created it in AD. Even after the auto-config it still didn't work for the user. Closed config and re-opened, removed the group mappings and did the auto-config again. This time it worked.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Yes, it is very well possibly because if there are 2 AD security groups with the same name (this can happen), then they will both have different unique identifiers for the group. So if the users is in group A but you have group B mapped, then they behavior you are experiencing makes sense.

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Ryan, it was one group as I had just created it in AD. Even after the auto-config it still didn't work for the user. Closed config and re-opened, removed the group mappings and did the auto-config again. This time it worked.