cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to determine which Core client a user has logged in with?

Robert_Angus
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm trying to determine which of our users are still using the web client and which of our users are using Unity Client. Is there any way I can find this out? I tried looking at hsi.securitylog but it tracks both entries as just a logon or logoff of "Core Services".

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Robert,

Beginning with OnBase 14, we have separated out the various Core login types in the Security Log. The following entries should be made if your Application Server is on 14 or higher. 

• Login Web Client (HTML) - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 12
  • Login Web Client (ActiveX) - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 13
  • Login OnBase Studio - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 14
  • Login Unity Client - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 15

Hope that helps!

Ansley

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Carl_Vincent
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I hope something more easy, but we use IIS log (inetpub/wwwroot/log) to find how many users use DopPop and Workflows. I imagine that the adress wasn't the same for unity and web connexion.

We use WebExpert to interpretate thses files.

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Robert,

Beginning with OnBase 14, we have separated out the various Core login types in the Security Log. The following entries should be made if your Application Server is on 14 or higher. 

• Login Web Client (HTML) - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 12
  • Login Web Client (ActiveX) - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 13
  • Login OnBase Studio - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 14
  • Login Unity Client - actionnum 1 - subactionnum 15

Hope that helps!

Ansley

Was this added in a specific build of 14? We're on 14.0.0.36 and I don't see any of those subactionnums in the securitylog table.

Robert,

It was added in the beta for 14, so it should be included in the initial release of 14 including your build. Are you looking at entries in the log from within the time frame since you moved to 14?

Ansley