cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use a sql script to update cross-referencing keywords in document types?

Richard_Pederse
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I'm currently trying to add another keyword to a document type, IIn the OnBase Configureation -> Document -> 'm going into each document type -> cross reference -> selecting the document in the Cross-Reference Configuration. Selecting one of my selected Document Types, -> hitting "keywords" then adding "account id" then closing and going to the next document.  There are hundreds that need this new "account id" keyword and there just has to be a better way than to go into each one and update using the Gui.  Any ideas on how to automate this would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Tonya_Ruff
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Never mind - I misread your question. I thought you were reindexing the documents. I see that you are talking about configuration so my answer won't apply. Sorry!

Do you have workflow? I do this kind of thing all the time by adding the documents to workflow and then adding keywords accordingly. 

Richard_Pederse
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I didn't realize at first that I could select multiple documents types then hit the keyword and add a keyword to the group.  Once I figured that out the task seemed a lot smaller.  Although I'm still interested to know if anyone has had any success in automating tasks like this.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.