cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set up an autofill so the Document type pups up automatically?

Sebastian_Lopez
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I´ve been looking to setup an autofill that allows me some way to let On base Know the document type that is about to be indexed so we can avoid doing it manually because it takes a lot of time. We have always the same order when it comes to index a new document or group of documents but sometimes we have to change several times the document type during the indexing process of each batch.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
You can assign an autofill at the document type level:Config|Document|Document Types|Keyword TypesAt the bottom left hand corner you'll see a drop down to choose an existing auto-fill. You can also schedule the auto-fill as a process job by going to Config|Import|Autofill Keyword Processor.

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

How are your documents coming into the system.  If you are scanning these documents, you can do a pre-index in which you pick your document type when you scan the batch of documents.  Then every document that is scanned in that batch has the same document type assigned to it.  You could also go with using doc type barcode separators during scanning and then the barcode will identify which type of document is being scanned.

An Autofill will not set the document type for you because until you define the document type, OnBase wouldn't know what autofill would need to be applied.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
My bad. I ignored the "about to be indexed' statement. Good catch Mike.

Brad_Clayton
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
I was looking for similar function. Would like to be able to use an auto-fill keyword set to automatically select the correct document type when a certain keyword is entered. I assume there isn't a way to accomplish this without a script.