cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to move the document to a workflow whenever a document is deleted

Aswini_Sangaraj
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Can we move the document to a workflow when a document is deleted in OnBase using the default delete option?

6 REPLIES 6

David_Juhlin
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Not to my knowledge.  When you right-click and select Delete, the document status is changed from 0 to 16, which posts the document to your Trash Can and makes it "invisible" in any workflow queues, etc.  (You can still find the document if you know the Doc Handle, but if you search by Document Type, or using a Custom Query, etc. it will not show up.)

So - if you want 'deleted' documents to go to a workflow queue for processing/review, then I suggest the following:

• Create a System Task called 'Delete Document' that will post the document to the workflow queue. Optionally, in the System Task or Workflow Queue you could:
    • Change the Document Type to something that most staff do not have access to.
    • Remove the Document from all current Life Cycles.
  • Add most/all Document Types to the System Task so it is available for every document you want to allow staff to "delete".
  • Grant access to this System Task to all who should have the right to Delete documents.
  • Remove the Delete privilege from most/all user groups (so they have to use the System Task instead).

This is my suggestion too. 

What he ^ said.

Not sure if this helps for the use case,  another option is using a SQL custom query to retrieve deleted documents.

SQL custom query also can be used in unity script to send notifications/create unity forms in workflow/scheduler script.

aca9171a87ba4b97a5474ee6abcbb54d

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.