cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install unity with custom configuration file

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am preparing Unity client for OnBase 16 to push out to users via SCCM. We are going to be using ADFS for authentication. How can I package the installer with a configuration file that contains the ADFS settings we need? Page 363 of "UnityClient1600.pdf" explains how to make these settings manually, but no mention of how to push them out to a large group of users.

I don't see anything in the ADDLOCAL properties in the command line installation section.

Here is my installation command thus far:

msiexec /i "Hyland Unity Client.msi" ADDLOCAL=Unity_Client
CREATE_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS="1"
SERVICE_LOCATION_NT_AUTH="true"
SERVICE_LOCATION_SERVICE_PATH="onbase.mydomain.com/.../Service.asmx"

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Chad_Yarmock
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Tia,

Thank you for posting your question on Community.

To answer your question, we do not currently support configuring the AD FS sections via the Unity Client installer UI or command line interface at this time. If this is something you would like to see, you can submit an SCR for Development to review.

In this case you have a few options to mass-deploy an AD FS configured Unity config file.

The first being to utilize the Unity ClickOnce installer. Which will allow you to modify the config file and then provide a URL to your users so they can install Unity with the changes. More information can be found in the Unity v16 MRG starting on page 392.

You can also push out the modified config file via GPO, or PowerShell. There are also programs available to automate pushing software/files domain wide which you may already be using in-house.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chad_Yarmock
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Tia,

Thank you for posting your question on Community.

To answer your question, we do not currently support configuring the AD FS sections via the Unity Client installer UI or command line interface at this time. If this is something you would like to see, you can submit an SCR for Development to review.

In this case you have a few options to mass-deploy an AD FS configured Unity config file.

The first being to utilize the Unity ClickOnce installer. Which will allow you to modify the config file and then provide a URL to your users so they can install Unity with the changes. More information can be found in the Unity v16 MRG starting on page 392.

You can also push out the modified config file via GPO, or PowerShell. There are also programs available to automate pushing software/files domain wide which you may already be using in-house.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you Chad. What we are going to do is silent installs pushed out via SCCM then overlay the updated config file post-install via PowerShell. Very happy the config file is centrally located per machine and not per user. This should work fine. Thanks!

Jeannie_Korando
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hi Tia - This is exactly what I would like to do - Any chance we can put our heads together and bounce ideas off each other?

Cathy_Wallace
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
We had copied the config file to our network. created a bat file with the commands you have as well as a command line to copy the configuration from the network to the PC. This allowed us also to specify multiple service locations/environments for our dev/test/prod.