cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing using Autofill Keyword set and new data

Lynn_Fyhrlund
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We have a solution where our clients are indexing documents using a case number. When the user enters in the Case number the rest of the fields are auto populated using an autofill keyword set.

Now our clients are starting to index documents that are older and not in our autofill keyword set. They are keying in the information while indexing. Is there a way to setup the indexing so that if the user comes back on a different day to index another document to this old Case have it auto populate with the values from OnBase that it was indexed to before based on the case number?

So the facts are:

1. Case is not in autofill keyword set from database

2. Case was indexed before to other documents so the data exists in OnBase 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Lynn.  There is a Scan Queue Processing Option to Store Keyword Set Data.  When this option is turned on, and users enter new index information for an AutoFill Keyword Set, it will be stored for future use during subsequent indexing.  You can find this configuration option in Scan Queue | Processing Options | Indexing tab.

Hi Ray,

Thanks, I will try this. My concern is when we update our autofill keyword set, will these values be deleted? We update from our current system that does not contain the old case files.

Does using the Use Drop Down Lists in keywords kind of do the same thing?

Thank you.

UPDATE: I think I answered my own question. it depends on how the autofill processor is setup. In our case we are updating not deleting any information so we this will work with our solution

Good Day, this setting only seems to work when sweeping or indexing a document. What about when I drag-and-drop a document from a folder into OnBase? When I do that and index the document with a new keyword set, the new keyword set is not added to the AFKS list. How do I enable that?