cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing Batch with PDF files

Kathy_Baumann
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are on version EP3 - 20.3.45.1000 and recently obtained the PDF Framework license.  I am in the process of testing some of the functions we can now perform on PDF documents.  I was thinking we would be able to modify a document in a batch while indexing, but I don’t see any option.  When indexing a TIF document for example, the Image tab is available where you can select <Edit Pages> or <Document Separation>.  But I can’t find anything to edit a PDF document.  Am I missing something?  Or is it not possible to edit when in a scan queue?  I have no problems editing the PDF by opening the document directly (by Document Handle) and using Document Separation.  Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Kathy,

I don't have an EP3 MRG right now, but I found in the EP5 Unity Client MRG, page 291, that it looks like Edit Pages is not supported during indexing:

Edit Pages allows you to edit the current document using the Document
Separation window.
For more information, see Separating Image and PDF Documents on page
This button is not available under the following conditions:
• This button is not available during indexing.
• This button is not available if there are unsaved changes to the
document.

Pre-Edit: Hi, Kathy, what version of OnBase do you have?

Sorry - I should have included that.  Unity is EP3 - 20.3.45.1000

Thanks.

I do see that in the EP3 MRG as well, but during indexing, and when on a TIF file, the Image tab is available, as well as the Edit Pages button.  I am able to edit/modify the document as needed.   Therefore, I think the MRG may be inaccurate.  But when I get to a PDF, the Image tab is not available.  Should the Image tab be available because we now have the PDF Framework license?  Or is this option not available for the PDF?  

We still have Unity16 running as well, and the Image tab and Edit Pages is available and working during indexing, too.  However, that environment does not have the PDF Framework license so I can't really compare.

I appreciate you taking a look and responding.