cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Rendered PDF file type 59

Sarah_Doyle
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I upgraded to ver 12 in Dec and just discovered that the pdf documents my users were uploading from the web client were getting set as file type 59 instead of the standard pdf type 16.

Reading the documentation -

This file format allows PDFs to be rendered as images and viewed in the image viewer (i.e., accepts markups, notes and annotations).

Caution:
Contact your first line of support to determine if your system can effectively handle the Image Rendered PDF file format. Selecting this file format without proper system specifications can cause unexpected behavior.

Tip:
If you would like this to be a default format for incoming PDFs, select the Respect Custom File Types option in Document Types | Settings

-

I do not have the Respect Custom file Types checked but it still was using the file type 59. I would like an explaination of the Caution - especially since I did not choose this file type - I had to change the settings in config to change the extension to ??? for 59 and 16 to PDF - why were these the defaults? I was unable to use reindex and had to reimport the documents - they could not be displayed in either the thick or web clients - I guess because of whatever the caution is referring to. I still have a group of documents that have this settings and if there is a simple fix will leave them alone otherwise I will have to delete and reimport. Thanks for any info on this issue.

1 REPLY 1

Chris_Marvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for posting your question on Community. I would recommend contacting your first line of support to look into this issue with you. They will be able to help you determine what is causing this behavior when importing PDF's.