cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to determine the retention on a certain document. Is there a way to see this in the thick client?

Peter_Schmale
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I'm needing to test whether my workflow is working that adds 4 years to a documents retention. How do I see what a document's retention is set to?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Peter,

Thank you for posting to Community.

At this time, there is no 'Out-of-box' way to see this information form the Thick Client. Enhancement SCR #189939 requests the Document's 'Purge Date' be displayed within the Document's history or the property value of the document. This enhancement SCR has not bee completed at this time. If you would like to be added to this Enhancement SCR, please reach out to your First line of Support.

As a workaround, Workflow can be used to set a keyword value for the document date and then increment the value based on how long the retention is for.

Listed below is an example of how to set the property and expression (in this example, I will use 30 days as the retention period):
1. Add the new Keyword value on the Document Type to hold the +30 day value (30 Day)
2. Use “Set Property Value”
       a. Sets “>>Document Date” to “Property Name” DocDate
3. Use “Set Property to Expression”
       a. Adds 30 days - AddDays(CDate(%VDocDate);30)
4. Use “Set Keyword from Property Value”
       a. Sets the expression value to the new keyword value (30 Day)

Thanks.

Joanthan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Peter,

Thank you for posting to Community.

At this time, there is no 'Out-of-box' way to see this information form the Thick Client. Enhancement SCR #189939 requests the Document's 'Purge Date' be displayed within the Document's history or the property value of the document. This enhancement SCR has not bee completed at this time. If you would like to be added to this Enhancement SCR, please reach out to your First line of Support.

As a workaround, Workflow can be used to set a keyword value for the document date and then increment the value based on how long the retention is for.

Listed below is an example of how to set the property and expression (in this example, I will use 30 days as the retention period):
1. Add the new Keyword value on the Document Type to hold the +30 day value (30 Day)
2. Use “Set Property Value”
       a. Sets “>>Document Date” to “Property Name” DocDate
3. Use “Set Property to Expression”
       a. Adds 30 days - AddDays(CDate(%VDocDate);30)
4. Use “Set Keyword from Property Value”
       a. Sets the expression value to the new keyword value (30 Day)

Thanks.

Joanthan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader