cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use part of a keyword in the document auto-name? Keyword substrings do not seem to work.

Jocelyn_Hannahs
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

For example, I want to use the Description keyword.  The value is "AR575 Capital Report"  but for the document auto-name, I only want to use "AR575".    The keyword substring configuration does not work: it takes the entire value of the keyword.   The documentation (OnBase 14) doesn't really describe a substring function:   "If the keyword value is shorter than the minimum length, the value will be padded with spaces on the right.   If the  keyword value is longer than the minimum length, this value has no effect on how the substring is displayed."   Test results show that because the keyword value is always longer than the "AR575" 5-char substring I want, I'll get the full keyword value.    I will only get something shorter if the full keyword value itself is shorter than 5 char, "AR57".  

3 REPLIES 3

Lauren_Merritt
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hi, Jocelyn. Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm facing the same problem, with a need for a maximum length rather than minimum.

Joe_Lane
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Jocelyn,

This functionality is requested via SCR #256892 which is currently in a status of being reviewed for future versions of OnBase. If you'd like to be added to this SCR, please reach out to your first line of support.

Regards,

Joe Lane
Tech Support
Hyland

Hey Joe,

Can you create an SCR to rename the keyword substring feature to keyword padding in the meantime? This way you won't mislead users while the actual substring feature is being developed.

This SCR should also include an associated DCR to fix the MRG content. Currently, the documentation makes this limitation even more confusing since it actually tells you can insert a substring:

"To display only part of the Keyword Value in an Auto-Name or Print Title string.." - SysAdmin MRG p.325

It then proceeds to instruct you how to insert a padded keyword...

Thanks,

Victor