cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve related images using Unity API

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Within OnBase, if you open an image document you can right click on the document and click "Retrieve Transaction" to get a list of other images related to the original document. For example, as a bank, we can click on a deposit image an then use "retrieve transaction" to find all the checks that were included in that deposit. This works fine within the thick client. From the Unity API I am able to query the root deposit image just fine, but I don't know how to find these related check images. Does anyone know if it's possible with the API?

If it's not possible with the API, how are these linked together in the database? I don't see any common keyword values, and I thought maybe the hsi.itemdata.doctracenumber field in the database might be the link but that doesn't seem to match either. I'm at a loss of how these are tied together in the back-end or how to programmatically retrieve these.

6 REPLIES 6

@David Taylor,

I would recommend creating a support ticket with your first line of support and get some additional information about how these documents are related.  Once we know that information we can determine if that functionality is available in the API.

The only information that I have found about this is that it is available when using certain Document Type like the SYS - Checks but I did not find any information about it configuration or how it is used.

Steve_Williams1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

One trick that I have used in the past is to turn on database logging and analyze the SQL Queries that are happening.

Since this is working in the Thick Client, you can see the "working" SQL which will tell you the tables that the data is stored in and may provide a clue about the linkage.

In the Thick Client, there's a slick way to turn on the SQL logging (Help->About->Verbose button).  It is password protected, but your FLOS will know it, or perhaps someone here will share it with you privately if you don't know.

If you are trying to get the SQL for any of the "Core" based applications (eg: Unity Client), you need to turn on database logging in the Diagnostic Service running on the app server that your Unity Client is connecting to.  Then you can see the SQL queries in the Diagnostic Console (I usually modify the config file to log the Diagnostic Console output to a file to simplify the process).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve Williams

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.