cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best identify "unassigned" workflow documents?

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

We use "Load Balanced Queues" a lot - and sometimes a document sneaks into workflow improperly and is left unassigned.

What is the best way to automatically flush out these documents so they can be addressed immediately?

Thank you,
Josh Belmonte

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas_Cupp
Employee
Employee

Hi Josh,

I think the best way to accomplish what you're asking for would be to assign a Default User to the queue.  The purpose of the Default User is to catch those documents that don't get assigned to anyone.

After the document has been assigned to that Default User you could create an action to send a notification to the Default User's e-mail address, thus alerting the System Administrator that there's an unassigned document.  The Sys Admin could then reassign that document to the appropriate user or possibly modify the configuration of the queue so that documents that match the same criteria are no longer unassigned.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Sorry to re-hash this topic - but how do you assign a default recipient if you are load balancing based on user groups?

I see you can assign the user group as a default recipient.. but who would it actually be going to in that group?

Not applicable

I just ran into this issue while implementing AD Integration and a User Groups cleanup project. 

You can assign a user group as the default user for a queue when using keyword-based load balancing.  In ours, we have an "Unassigned" user group that gets all the unassigned documents, and it's set as the default user group for those load balanced queues.

Thomas_Cupp
Employee
Employee

Hi Belmonte,

A Default Recipient can be specified for any Load Balance scheme other than "Match Keyword to User Name".

In my experience, as a best practice, a Default Recipient should always be configured for any Load Balancing scheme specifically for the reasons you stated in your original post.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Thomas

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.