cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best identify "unassigned" workflow documents?

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

We use "Load Balanced Queues" a lot - and sometimes a document sneaks into workflow improperly and is left unassigned.

What is the best way to automatically flush out these documents so they can be addressed immediately?

Thank you,
Josh Belmonte

6 REPLIES 6

Don_Barkley
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a load balancing queue that is rule based and the documents are assigned to certain users from the workflow action item assign to user with the follow selections:

Assigned in Life Cycle = 'The Lice Cycle Name'

Load Balncing Queue = <Current Queue>

Assignment Type = Get User Name, Group, or Role From Keyword

Get User Name, Group, or Role from Keyword = 'Keyword Name'

If the Keyword value has a user name that is in that load balancing queue the document get assigned correctly with no problem.

The issue I am having is how do you get the document assigned to the default receipent of the load balancing queue if the keyword value has a user name that is not part of that load balancing queue?

Thanks

Don

Robert_Culpeppe
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

"The issue I am having is how do you get the document assigned to the default receipent of the load balancing queue if the keyword value has a user name that is not part of that load balancing queue?"

I believe the default user is assigned first, before load balancing takes place.  If the keyword value does not match one of the load balancing group names I believe the assignment will fail and the default user will still be assigned.  

I have come up with a plan that I think might work:

1.  Set the default group to Manager (or any other administrative group) in the queue's Load Balance tab

2. In Load Balancing Work add an action to assign to the proper user group (from a property, in my case, but can be from a keyword)

3. Add a rule to check the assignment of the document.  If it is still assigned to the Manager (or whatever group you chose to be default) send a notification.

I have yet to test this solution, but, theoretically, it should work.

ETA:  My plan does not work.  The default assignment (Manager, in my case) did not work, even though there were no actions to assign any other group.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.