cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Find an existing UnityForm

Dennis_McGowan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am looking to find an existing Unity Form. I know I can find the Unity Form Template by passing in the id. However, I want to check if a Unity Form already exists. I would want to pass through a keyword value and make sure that a form with this value doesn't already exist. In the sdk, it only mentions Creating and Storing Unity forms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Juan_Martinez
Employee
Employee

Good day.

I think you could run a document query, based on a Keyword value as you mention, using Unity Script you can create an object of type "DocumentQuery" and then add the type of document in which They store the forms and the keyword that you comment, this can be found at https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/b480ac51-cf1d-48b0-a988-9edc97fc34ff.htm

Although on the other hand, maybe you could use another path, if you are looking for a data to verify that there is no other form with the same value, you can use an AutoFill Keyword Set, with an external configuration, that uses your keyword as a primary data and execute a query to the same OnBase database (based on the type of document in which the forms and this keyword are stored) and return the number of forms that exist with that value and / or a value of "YES" or "NO" in a second keyword, once you have that value with custom actions you can react your form at the time of capture.

I hope this information can be useful.

Greetings.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Juan_Martinez
Employee
Employee

Good day.

I think you could run a document query, based on a Keyword value as you mention, using Unity Script you can create an object of type "DocumentQuery" and then add the type of document in which They store the forms and the keyword that you comment, this can be found at https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/b480ac51-cf1d-48b0-a988-9edc97fc34ff.htm

Although on the other hand, maybe you could use another path, if you are looking for a data to verify that there is no other form with the same value, you can use an AutoFill Keyword Set, with an external configuration, that uses your keyword as a primary data and execute a query to the same OnBase database (based on the type of document in which the forms and this keyword are stored) and return the number of forms that exist with that value and / or a value of "YES" or "NO" in a second keyword, once you have that value with custom actions you can react your form at the time of capture.

I hope this information can be useful.

Greetings.