cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete an orphaned page?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I have never run into this before, but does anyone know how I can delete a single orphaned page from my system? I can't pull it up by the file name, by the document handle, or any other way. So any help on this would be great.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ryan Wakefield , What do you mean by "orphaned page"?  I'm assuming that you are referring to a single image page which is part of a document with multiple image pages.  If so, then the question begs, is the page part of a multiple page TIFF where all of the pages of the document are in a single file (meaning there is a single TIFF in the Disk Group associated with the Document), or are each of the pages of the document each single page TIFFs (meaning there are individual TIFF files in the Disk Group for each of the pages of the Document)?  

Hey Adam,

What I have is a single orphaned page, a single TIFF image that was part of a bigger file. The document handle that was attached to this image is no longer valid (it has been deleted), but for some reason this page wasn't able to be deleted (as in deleted from the database). So I am needing to figure out how to cleanup this one item so that my Disk Group Analysis will pass.

I do believe that this has to be done directly at the database and can't be done through any client. So I have submitted a ticket to FLOS, so we will see what happens.

Thanks.

Hey Ryan.

That is definitely curious.  Based on what you said, you have a single page TIFF which was part of a larger file.  Meaning that you have a single page TIFF that was a page of a multipage TIFF that was some how split from the original multipage TIFF into its own file (I'm assuming that the single page TIFF was still associated with the same Document - i.e. Document Handle/Itemnum - as the multipage TIFF file).  Then when the Document associated with the multipage TIFF was purged from the system, the single page TIFF was never removed from the Disk Group and the hsi.itemdatapage entry for the page is still present in the database, though there is no corresponding hsi.itemdata entry for the document.

If this is the case, then the only way to remove it would be through the database.  It would be interesting to see if there are any transactions still in the database associated with the Document Handle (itemnum) to determine what caused the issue, however you likely won't find it if the Document was purged from the system.

Best wishes.