cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automatically re-index to a different document type in workflow?

Matthew_Schwoeb
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a form HR wants all employees to submit, but then they do not want employees seeing HR personnel files.  My idea is to have a form accessible to all and then have it enter a workflow to re-index it automatically to a different HR document type.  Re-index action in workflow seems to be manual only.  What is the best way to change a document type?

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hey Matthew,

In workflow, there is a "Set Document Type" action that you can use to adjust the document type.  Another alternative that might be worth looking at for your scenario is security keywords.  With security keywords, you could utilize just one document type and configure them in a way so that individuals can see their own forms, but nobody elses.  The HR group could be set up so that they are the only ones who can see all of the items in the document type.  There's more info about security keywords in the Sys Admin MRG.

EDIT: Meant to also mention that the "employees seeing their own forms"  that I referenced above was one approach to setting up security keywords.  Security keywords can also be done in a way so that there's only one document type, employees can only upload (not view anything) and only HR can view the documents within it.

Nick

Set Document Type. Thanks! I was not seeing it.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.