cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Scanning Fails on APPCRASH After Upgrading to New 2007 Windows Workstation

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings,

On April 12, we moved off old Windows XP workstations and are now on new Windows 7 Workstations that have OnBase 12 Thick Client Installed.  We encountered our first problems on April 20 and 22 in scanning a very large batch (over 700 pages).  A pop-up Window comes up with "APPCRASH" and each time it has shown a different Fault Module Name:  KERNELBASE.dll and the last one shows Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll

I have read differing solutions to this problem but I need something more definitive.  Would anyone be able to offer any suggestion for resolving this problem.  

MANY THANKS!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting to Community.

The mscorwks.dll file referenced in the error is related to Microsoft .NET. This does not specifically mean that there is an issue with .NET per se but it does give us a starting point for where to start troubleshooting the issue. Since you mentioned that you are running OnBase 12 and the machine seeing the error is a newly configured Windows 7 machine, I would take a look at what version of .NET is currently installed on that machine.

• Microsoft .NET 4.0 is supported in OnBase 12.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5 is supported starting in OnBase 13SP1.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5.1 is supported starting in OnBase 14.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 is supported starting in OnBase 14.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.6 is supported starting in OnBase 15SP2.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 is supported starting in OnBase 15SP2.

If you find that the error is still occurring with Microsoft .NET 4.0 installed, I would recommend reaching out to your First Line of Support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting to Community.

The mscorwks.dll file referenced in the error is related to Microsoft .NET. This does not specifically mean that there is an issue with .NET per se but it does give us a starting point for where to start troubleshooting the issue. Since you mentioned that you are running OnBase 12 and the machine seeing the error is a newly configured Windows 7 machine, I would take a look at what version of .NET is currently installed on that machine.

• Microsoft .NET 4.0 is supported in OnBase 12.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5 is supported starting in OnBase 13SP1.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5.1 is supported starting in OnBase 14.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 is supported starting in OnBase 14.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.6 is supported starting in OnBase 15SP2.
  • Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 is supported starting in OnBase 15SP2.

If you find that the error is still occurring with Microsoft .NET 4.0 installed, I would recommend reaching out to your First Line of Support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department