cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone use EMC Isilon Stoarge Solution? If so, how was it? Did you notice a performance increase or decrease?

John_Nunley1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi all,

New to the group so I'm hoping I'm asking this question in the correct place.  We're currently looking to migrate our Disk Groups off of our current SAN environment and move them to EMCs Isilon NAS.  We're hoping some other customers either use Isilon or have moved to Isilon and can shed some light on whether performance increase or decreased when they utilized EMC's storage solution.

10 REPLIES 10

Brian_Marshall2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We migrated our Disk Groups from a tradition File Server/SAN setup to an Isilon NAS and have not experienced any negatives. We did not perform and benchmarks, but it "feels" like an improvement.  We have been migrating and importing several terabytes of data without any cause for concern.

Not applicable

I moved all of our disk groups to Isilon last August and have not problems. It actually solved issues we were having with the Centera service. Highly recommend.

John_Nunley1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Greg.  Much appreciated.  We've noticed several issues with file permissions and replications with Centera.  I think that's the major reason we were planning on moving into Isilon.  Were there any hiccups along the way?  Was migrating data off Centera and onto Isilon relatively seamless?

Not applicable

We are still in the process of moving the old files. We had 56 million documents on our copy one which was a netapp, and copy two on centera. We copied the 56 million from the netapp to the new copy one location on the isilon. We are verifiing those are correct then we will duplicate that to the secondary isilon system for copy two. Once that is complete, I will work with Hyland support to make the changes in disk group config to point to the new locations.

Jim_Dimmick
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

All,

Hyland recently completed testing of Isiloin for use with OnBase disk groups.  The report can be found at https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/tech/m/performance_and_scalability/13967.aspx.

Look for Isilon Compatability Report. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.