cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone use EMC Isilon Stoarge Solution? If so, how was it? Did you notice a performance increase or decrease?

John_Nunley1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi all,

New to the group so I'm hoping I'm asking this question in the correct place.  We're currently looking to migrate our Disk Groups off of our current SAN environment and move them to EMCs Isilon NAS.  We're hoping some other customers either use Isilon or have moved to Isilon and can shed some light on whether performance increase or decreased when they utilized EMC's storage solution.

10 REPLIES 10

John_Nunley1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Also, forgive my fat fingering and lack of proof reading.  

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for the post.

While I can't quote any specifics, searching through the community brought me to this post (link).  I realize that it doesn't give performance information, but others are definitely using OnBase with EMC Isilon.  Since OnBase is agnostics in regards to storage devices, Hyland doesn't typically perform individual testing against specific storage devices unless we have an integration.  In this case, EMC Isilon is UNC accessible and the storage device would be transparent to the software.  Hopefully someone else in the Community can weigh in with there experience.

Take care.

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We switched all of our disk groups from file servers hosted on a VM about 8 months ago over to an EMC Isilon.  We did not see any performance decrease, if anything we got a bump.  We worked with our SAN team to get shares setup on our primary and secondary Isilon systems for Copy1/Copy2 but that is currently being looked at internally to see if we want to switch to pure SAN replication with only a Copy1 in OnBase.  I can tell you that diskgroup management is a lot easier now since the UNC path for Copy1 and Copy2 is always the same, we no longer have to worry about which server has which shares and if they are running out of space, we just ask our Isilon administrators to increate our quota (currently 40TB).  It also helps keep it cleaner since the disk group and volumes are no longer split across different servers/shares.  Our setup now is basically \\Isilon1\OnBase1 and \\Isilon2\OnBase2 and it grows as we grow.

Hope this helps

Anthony

Awesome.  Thanks Anthony.  What is implementation rather streamlined?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.