cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone upgrade to EP3+ with Oracle 19c?

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are on 17 preparing to upgrade to EP5 and migrate from Oracle 12c to 19c. Looking for input, pros and cons, good and bad experiences with migrating from any pre 19c Oracle version to 19c with OnBase EP3 (first version to support 19c) or above. Anything you can share, and I will do the same once ours is complete.

19 REPLIES 19

Kevin_Teynor
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

@Steven Perry 
Do you have a response to my previous post here?

Thanks!

Steven_Perry
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello,

I have some additional information to provide. We reported this issue to Oracle via SR Number: 3-23327625191. And via this support issue have verified that this is fixed via  Bug 31608753 and is first available in Patch 32409154

With this please note a slight correction. This is fixed starting with patch 19.11.0.0.210420. I will update my previous post to correctly reflect this new information.

And finally, we will be publishing an updated technical bulletin with this new information.

Thank you,

Steven Perry

Manager, R&D

Balaji_Parthas2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

@Steven Perry 

Is the technical Bulletin sent out confirming this fix in 19.11.0.0.210420 ?

If not, when is it likely to be sent out to the customers?

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Can we get an official bulletin about the compatibility with the Oracle 19c client and what version - it sounds like we should be good as long as it's 19.11.0.0.210420 or greater.

We have upgraded our database to 19c, but still operating on 12c client due to recommendations from Hyland. I'm concerned about de-support of the 12c client along with the 12c database which is now not supported (July 2022). My DBAs are checking the Oracle certification site to confirm if the 12c client is supported or not.

Thanks!

Steve_Williams1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

Just some information for you on this..

I have stood up an "Upgrade UAT" environment with OnBase 21.1.5.  Our DBA's have configured the database running 19c (19.0.00) with 2 patches:

Patch  29517242

Patch  29585399

The DBA's have requested that I run client drivers for 19.14.  Some of our users still use the OnBase Client (Thick Client) rather than Unity, so we will be doing UAT on the ODBC connection.

I do have some people using OnBase (Production) with our database at 11g and client drivers at 19.11 and have been using the OnBase Client (Thick Client)  successfully for almost a year.  I had to put them on 19.11 because they are running other software (Kofax) that needed  Oracle 19c drivers, but I needed to get them to 19.11 to avoid the issue with CLOB's in OnBase.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have further questions (steve_williams@keyera.com).

Cheers,

Steve W.