cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone upgrade to EP3+ with Oracle 19c?

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are on 17 preparing to upgrade to EP5 and migrate from Oracle 12c to 19c. Looking for input, pros and cons, good and bad experiences with migrating from any pre 19c Oracle version to 19c with OnBase EP3 (first version to support 19c) or above. Anything you can share, and I will do the same once ours is complete.

19 REPLIES 19

Jim_Wysocki
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We ran into an issue using the Oracle 19c driver.  Hyland has a bulletin about this, but there is an issue with the Oracle 19 driver handling CLOB columns.  If you're using VB scripts or external autofills, it will not pull the correct row from the database.  We're still using Oracle 19c, but we had to revert back to the Oracle 12 drivers.  Our DBA has opened up a case with Oracle for this issue.  Last I heard, they fixed the issue in the 64-bit driver, but not the 32-bit driver which is what is needed for the thick client and configuration tools.

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Jim - thanks for the info. Do you have the link to the bulletin by chance?

Jim_Wysocki
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hyland doesn't make it easy to find anything on this site.  I can't find it, but I do have a copy of the PDF if you'd like me to email it to you.

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hyland has identified an issue where various data integrity issues may occur when the Oracle 19c ODBC database driver is used with OnBase.  The following circumstances must be present in your solution in order for this issue to affect you:

• Your OnBase database is housed in an Oracle 12c, 18c, or 19c Server​​​​​​
  • Your OnBase solution makes use of the Oracle ODBC driver version 19c

Click here for the complete bulletin.

from 9/14/2020