cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granting Purge Rights

Fred_La_Plante
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I need to grant rights to a user to purge indexed documents within their group of documents. How do I do this in version 11?

8 REPLIES 8

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Fred,

As an clarification to my earlier explanation, I did find a checkbox under Users | Global Client Settings | Security tab | "Do not restrict document maintenance by user document type privileges" so as long as this is unchecked it should restrict them to only the document types they have access to. I tested this internally and can confirm this functions correctly.

Thanks,

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Justin,

Just for my own edification, in what version did this switch appear?  (You just never know what my Double Jeopardy question is going to be...)

Thanks,

Seth

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Seth,

This checkbox I referenced was present in 9.2, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, and 13. I did not check back any further than that. But unless there was an issue where this checkbox was not respected, I would assume this behavior would be the same for all of these clients. I tested in 13.0 SP1 specifically.

Thanks,

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Justin!!   

Cheers,
Seth 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.