cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a "Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined" error in OnBase Thick Client

Sara_Berry
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Getting a "Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined" error in OnBase Client when trying to pull up documents. Same documents can be accessed in Unity client and in classic mode. Application Server is operational and all services are running. Both client and application server have been reinstalled with no change. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sara,

When this error is received using the OnBase Thick Client, it is typically because the client is configured for Core-based Workflow.  The action of trying to retrieve the document is calling out to the Application Server from the OnBase Thick Client loading any related Workflow System Tasks.  My guess is that the OnBase Thick Client is unable to access the Application Server to make request.

I would check the Application Server configuration (Config | Utils | Application Server) in OnBase Configuration to validate the correct URL to the OnBase Application Server (i.e. http(s)://hostname.domain.com/ApplicationServerVirtualDirectory/Service.asmx - make sure to include Service.aspx on the URL).

Take care,

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sara,

When this error is received using the OnBase Thick Client, it is typically because the client is configured for Core-based Workflow.  The action of trying to retrieve the document is calling out to the Application Server from the OnBase Thick Client loading any related Workflow System Tasks.  My guess is that the OnBase Thick Client is unable to access the Application Server to make request.

I would check the Application Server configuration (Config | Utils | Application Server) in OnBase Configuration to validate the correct URL to the OnBase Application Server (i.e. http(s)://hostname.domain.com/ApplicationServerVirtualDirectory/Service.asmx - make sure to include Service.aspx on the URL).

Take care,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.