cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetDocumentByID not working with new document types

Ulrik_Petersen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a custom app that is using the Unity API via a v10 instance of the web service running against OnBase v13. It retrieves document using Core.GetDocumentByID.  We recently added some new document type groups/document types, and the API call is not returning documents in those types.

The API call is still working normally for the older document types.  Also, the account being used does have access to the new types in the client.  The web service supporting the app has been restarted since any changes were made.

Is there a permission we are overlooking that explains this behavior? 

Thanks,

Ulrik

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ramya_Kondeti
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ulrik,

As Scott suggested, you need to restart your application server for the changes to be recognized. If it still doesn't solve your issue, I recommend you to contact your first line of support and they will be able to debug the issue for you.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Typically, this happens when the OnBase application server that the API application calls has not been restarted. When you say that you restarted the "web service," are you referring to the OnBase AppServer pool?

Thanks for the feedback, Scott.

I’m not the admin for the application server, so I am not sure exactly what was done. Unfortunately, that person is out of the office today, so I will have to follow up with this on Monday. I will update this thread accordingly when I find out.

Ramya_Kondeti
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ulrik,

As Scott suggested, you need to restart your application server for the changes to be recognized. If it still doesn't solve your issue, I recommend you to contact your first line of support and they will be able to debug the issue for you.

Walter_Fernande
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

If after restart web service your problem persist, check if you new document types are configured to be stored on another disk group so user that impersonate "web service" NEEDS to have access to that volumes.