cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaining Access to full ERD of the database

Nathaniel_Call1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there any way we can get a copy of the full ERD of the OnBase database? I know the Reporting Guide has the common tables, but I'd really be interested in seeing the full ERD for all database tables

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Simply put on this one @Nate Callahan , good luck. I doubt Hyland will put out the full ERD of the database since they can barely keep the Database Reporting Guide updated with all of the current data, let alone all of the tables that they don't have in it.

With that being said, I think it might be a fun community project that some of us could go in on together and do our own version of course. 😉

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I'm sure a full ERD is propriety.  I know if I had designed a product, it would be.  Also, don't get distracted, you don't need a full ERD - unless you are using each and every module that Hyland has designed.  You don't even need an updated Reporting Guide.

You just need access to the DB, so you can query the table(s) and see the structure for yourself.  Hyland provided the starting table names you'll need in the guide.  Then update and create your own guide, with only the tables you use.  I don't even need half of what is in the report guide.  Also, only newbs wait on vendors, especially for something they can do themselves.  That's how you get experience, by not waiting.  

Just make sure you are using a test DB (copy of prod - daily or weekly) and never do anything in prod.  Have fun, query, query and keep querying.  You'll get there.

Thanks Tom...  I'd still be interested in seeing a layout of how it all connects. I do what I need ahead of time and if I need to figure it out immediately I spend time to do so.