cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Text QueryDocuments and IDOL Full Text Indexing.

Greg_Defina
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I'm investigating Full Text searching using the OnBaseDemoPlatformR2 v11.0.0.8 system running Autonomy IDOL Full Text Indexing.

I've tried using QueryDocuments FullText and Vertiy FullText with Catalog/Collection and without.

When I try without a Catalog (but with a DocumentType), I get an error that no Catalog/Collection was specified.

When I try with a Collection (Verity FullText) I get an error that "no user collections found" and "Failed to retrieve Verity collections from the Verity Services object".

When I try to list the Catalogs using GetCollection, I get an empty list.

Has anyone successfully queried IDOL using Hyland.Services and could share how please?

3 REPLIES 3

Lois_Nowak
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Full Text searching with IDOL is only available in the Unity API (11.0). 

Robert_Angus
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What is the purpose then of the QueryDocuments FullText query type?

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Robert,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Hyland is currently in the process of ensuring all questions are responded to and/or answered. If your inquiry is still relevant or requires further assistance, please do not hesitate to repost your inquiry or contact your first line support team.

However, to answer your question, the FullText query type is used when a database is enbled with the FullText option.  This is FullText that is enabled at the database level and is not the same as IDOL or Verity full text document cataloging systems.  To learn more about database full text here is a Microsoft MSDN site that will provide additional detail.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms142571(v=sql.100).aspx

Regards,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.